It seems that the ability to issue invitations has become something of a lost art in today's society. Bring a touch of elegance and class to your next dinner party by properly issuing formal dinner party invitations. Here are some simple guidelines that can help you create a wonderfully elegant invitation that will be hard to turn down.
- Paper. Part of what makes an invitation so special is the impression that it gives to the recipient. One of the best ways that you have available to make a favorable first impression is through the paper used. Choose a type of stationary that gives the impression or feel that you wish to attain in your dinner party. For an elegant and formal dinner party you might wish to use parchment style paper; whereas for a more fun and informal dinner party you can try using wrapping paper or even making your own invitations through scrapbooking methods.
- Date, time, and location. It is hard to have a dinner party without letting your guests know when to be there. Make sure that you clearly mark on the invitation this vital information. The guests should be given the invitations about two to three weeks prior to the date of the party. This allows them time to think about their attendance and make appropriate plans.
- Theme. If you plan on having a specific theme then it should e mentioned on the invitation. For formal dinner parties this could include a copy of the planned menu. For more informal dinners, indicate whether the guests are expected to bring anything. Theme parties can be particularly fun if handled properly.
- RSVP Deadline. Included on the invitations should be a date that you expect to hear back from your guests. This date should be far enough out to allow your guests time to make plans, be still early enough to allow you time to finalize your preparations. Two weeks prior to the date of the party is the typical RSVP deadline.
- Contact Information. You will also need to ensure that you have provided accurate contact information on the invitations. Your guests will need to know who to contact and where they can contact you at. Typically your name, phone number and times available for phone calls will work.
In your circle of friends, is it your turn in the rotation to plan a dinner party? If so, there are many things to think ...
Whether it is your turn to put together a dinner for your family and friends, or you simply want to do something a little ...
Are you the one in charge of hosting your family's next get together? If that's the case, then you know exactly how ...