There are basically two types of block parties, those that have become a long standing tradition, and those that are being tried for the first time. Throwing a block party is fairly easy to do. Whether it is the first time or the thirtieth, the process is going to be basically the same. All you need to do to make sure that you have a great block party lined up is to follow these simple guidelines.
- Ask around. No party will be very successful if you don't have people to attend it. Decide how large your neighborhood is, and then start asking your neighbors if they want to have a party. There is no real set limit on how big the party has to be, but usually block parties are limited to the streets or cul-de sac that they live on. This will give you an idea of how many people are likely to attend the party.
- Get some help. Block parties are absolutely huge, and there is no way that you can do it on your own. After you have begun to get an idea of how many people who will coming to the party, begin to also ask them for some help. See if they will be willing to contribute some time, effort, or even a food dish to help get your party going.
- Choose the day. With those that are going to be helping you, decide on a specific day when you want to have your party. The best possible days that you can have a block party is going to be on a Friday or Saturday. These days are the ones that most people will feel comfortable going to a party on, simply because they are able to stay at the party later.
- Plan a few activities. While food is great, you should always have some other activities planned. You don't necessarily have to have a large budget for some other activities, but rather all you really need is an active imagination. Some lower budget activities that you use are things like a water slide, music for dancing, potato sack races, and son on.
- Make your assignments. Give your helpers some ideas as to what they can do to help out. For example, you can give a couple of people the assignment of bringing their barbecues, and other people can bring food items. Still others can also bring entertainment items.
- Send your invitations. After you have everything planned out, all you need to do is send out your invitations. These can be done with little or no cost by simply making up a few fliers on your computer, and handing them out. Once that is done, sit back and enjoy yourself.
Have you ever wanted to host a formal dinner party, but were just a tad unsure where to begin? The proper place would be with ...
If you're bored with the same old get together, call up some friends and try a dinner party with a twist. We've got seven ...
If you are having a get together, or are simply looking for a great dip to go along with your favorite chips, then you really ...