There are plenty of recipes out there that require you to use a specific cup size for a baking dish, but that don't tell you what that baking dish is in traditional measurements. Well, baking dish conversions like this are actually fairly easy to do if you follow this simple guideline.
This guide is broken up into two different sections. The first section deals with the cup size, and then will list the dimensions of the pans. The second section will be dealing with the dimensions, and cup sizes, of specialized baking pans and dishes. Use whatever section is most beneficial to you,
General Cup Sizes and Pans
- 19 cups. A 14 inch x 10-1/2 inch x 2-1/2 inch roasting pan.
- 15 cups. A 13 inch x 9 inch x 2 inch baking pan.
- 12 cups. Use a 13-1/2 inch x 8-1/2 inch x 2 inch baking dish.
- 10 cups. Any of the following will work: a 9 inch x 9 inch x 2 inch square baking pan; 11-3/4 inch x 7-1/2 inch x 1-3/4 inch baking pan; or a 15 inch x 10 inch x 1 inch jelly roll pan.
- 8 cups. All of the following will work for 8 cups: an 8 inch x 8 inch x 2 inch square pan; an 11 inch x 7 inch x 1-1/2 inch baking pan; or a 9 inch x 5 inch x 3 inch loaf pan.
- 6 cups. You can use one of these: an 8 or 9 x1-1/2 inch layer cake pan; a 10 inch pie plate; 8-1/2 x 3-5/8 inch x 2-5/8 inch loaf pan.
- 4 cups. One of the following will fulfill your needs: 9 inch pie plate; 8 x 1-1/4 inch layer cake pan; or a 7-3/8 inch x 3-5/8 inch x 2-1/4 inch loaf pan.
- Bundt pans. A 7-1/2 inch x 3 inch pan will hold 6 cups, while a 9 inch x 3-1/2 inch pan will hold 9 cups, and a 10 inch x 3-3/4 inch pan is going to hold 12 cups.
- Tube pans. A 9 inch x 3-1/2 inch fancy tube pan will hold 9 cups, where as a 9 inch x 3-1/2 inch angel cake pan and fancy tube mold will hold 12 cups. A 10 inch x 3-3/4 inch Crownburst pan will hold 12 cups, and a 10 inch x 4 inch fancy tube mold will hold 16 cups while the same sized angel cake pan will hold 18 cups.
- Melon molds. A melon mold that is 7 inch x 5-1/2 inch x 4 inches will hold 6 cups.
- Brioche pan. A brioche pan that measures 9-1/2 inch x 3-1/4 inches will hold 8 cups.
- Charlotte mold. This type of mold will hold 7-1/2 cups as long as it measures 6 inch x 4-1/2 inches.
- Spring-form pans. A spring-form cake pan that measures 8 inches x 3 inches will hold 12 cups, whereas the 9 inch x 3 inch version will hold 6 cups.
- Ring molds. A ring mold that measures 8-1/2 inch x 2-1/4 inches will hold 4-/2 cups, while one that measures 9-1/4 inch x 2-3/4 inch will hold 8 cups.
Culinary cooking may sound like a slightly redundant term, however it is not. Rather, culinary cooking is more along the ...
There are many ways to get the protein your body needs to keep you going strong. Remember these foods if you need more ...
Have you ever wanted to try experimenting with some recipes, but were simply a little too nervous to do so? Well it can ...