Fried fish can be a wonderful dish that you and your family can enjoy year round. That is, as long as you have the right recipe to use for the breading. After all, having the right breading can totally make or break the entire dish. However, by using the right fish batter recipe you can ensure that you have a dish that everyone will remember fondly. All you need to do is follow the recipe below, which has been designed to provide 12 servings.
- 12 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 12 cod fillets, 4 ounces each
- 18 fluid ounces of beer
- 2 small eggs, well beaten
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Additional salt and pepper according to taste
- Preheat the oil. In order to fry the fish properly, you will need to have some nice hot oil. Pour the oil into either a deep fryer or into a large pot (such as a stock pot). Turn the temperature setting of the stove or deep fryer to medium high or high, and bring the temperature of the oil to about 365 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse fillets. While the oil is heating up, rinse off the cod fillets. As each of the fillets are finished, place them aside on a paper towel. Once you have finished rinsing off all of the fish, pat each of the fillets dry, and then sprinkle some salt and pepper over them to help with seasoning. Set the fish aside while you prepare the breading.
- Make the breading. In a medium sized bowl combine the flour, two teaspoons of salt, two teaspoons of salt, garlic powder, and paprika. Use a whisk and combine all of the ingredients together. Pour the beaten eggs into the bowl, and stir it all together. Once you have completely mixed all these ingredients, begin mixing in the beer. Slowly pour, and mix, the beer together with the ingredients until a thin batter begins to form.
- Dredge the fish. With the breading made, you can now begin dredging the fish through the mixture. As you finish dipping the fish through the mixture, you need to place them into the oil.
- Fry and dry the fish. You will need to pay attention to the fish as you place it into the oil. Fry the fish until the batter turns a nice golden brown, flipping the fish at least once to ensure that it is completely cooked. Remove the fish from the oil, and then place the it onto a paper towel so that they can drain off the oil. Serve the fish while it is still warm, and enjoy.
A perfect side dish for this hearty meal can be a relish tray that might include raw carrots, cauliflower, cucumbers, and ...
Meat loaf is a staple in many family recipe boxes and you want to have the best one. Here is a favorite recipe that will not ...
Here is a recipe for great gravy that will leave your family asking for seconds. That is easy to make.