Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Chicken is a wonderfully easy meat to cook with which offers a large numbers of methods that you can use to prepare it. One of these methods, which can be used when you want to be particularly impressive, is when you stuff the chicken with spinach and cheese. While a little messy to make, spinach and cheese stuffed chicken is a dish that tastes just wonderful.
- 3 cups lightly packed baby spinach
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled cheese (feta, gorgonzola, mozzarella, cheddar, your choice).
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Prepare the spinach. Add a little olive oil to a small saucepan and cook the spinach and garlic. Continue to cook the spinach until it has become tender. When the spinach is tender, remove it from the heat and set it aside for later. While cooking the spinach, begin preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Flatten chicken. Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and set on the counter. Using a mallet, pound the chicken until it has become flattened to about 1/4 inch thickness and then remove from the plastic wrap and set aside.
- Place the stuffing. Take one of the pieces of chicken, and spoon some of the cooked spinach down the middle of the breast. Top the spinach with 1 tablespoon of crumbled cheese (your choice which kind) and then fold the breasts double, with the filling on the inside. Seal the chicken breasts with some toothpicks and then set aside.
- Cook the chicken. Brush the chicken breasts with some olive oil, and then sprinkle with oregano and lemon pepper. Place the chicken into a shallow cooking dish, and bake for 20 minutes. Check to make sure that your chicken is no longer pink (or that it has reached an internal temperature of 170 degrees Fahrenheit) and then remove from the oven and serve.
Once you have removed the chicken from the oven, feel free to add a little more cheese to the top if you desire. Serve while still hot, and enjoy. This recipe will make four servings, so feel free to adjust the recipe as needed to suit your needs.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form above!)