Chicken has long been a perfect meat for grilling and outdoor cooking. However, over time it seems like there are only so many ways that you can prepare chicken without it getting a little boring. If you are looking for a great tasting, and easy to make, alternative method for preparing chicken, then take a look at this recipe for tequila lime chicken. You will simply love the festive taste that this recipe provides.
- 1/3 cup tequila (or orange juice)
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 can of diced tomatoes and chilies (14 ounces)
- 1 can of black beans (15 ounces)
- 4 thin sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup cilantro, freshly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cheese, cut into 1/3 inch or smaller cubes (use your favorite cheese)
- Salt to taste
- Make marinade. In a large bowl, combine the tequila (or orange juice), lime juice, salt, pepper and oil. Use a whisk to mix everything together until it has the consistency and appearance of Italian salad dressing.
- Marinate the chicken. Place the chicken breasts into the mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Allow the chicken to marinate for a minimum of twenty minutes, or as long as three hours. The longer that you marinate the chicken, the stronger the flavor will be after cooking.
- Grill the chicken. If you are using a charcoal grill, begin preparing the coals for cooking. For those who are using a gas grill turn the heat to medium-high. Place the chicken breasts onto the grill, and begin cooking. Grill the chicken on each side for about three or four minutes, or until it is cooked all the way through. Check for doneness by slicing into the thickest part of the chicken with a sharp knife.
- Make the salsa. Prepare the salsa garnish while the chicken is being grilled. In a small bowl combine all the remaining ingredients. Taste, and add salt according to your personal preferences.
- Garnish and serve the chicken. Remove the cooked chicken from grill, and garnish with the salsa. Typically, all you need is about two tablespoons, though you can use as much as you like. Once garnished, serve while still hot.
This recipe, as listed, will create six servings. Each chicken breast will be one serving, so if you would like to increase the number of servings all you really need to do is increase the number of chicken breasts. A great idea that you can use to enhance the experience of this dish is to place a couple slices of lime next to the chicken. Squeeze the limes over the chicken to release the juice right before you eat it, and enjoy.
It's that time of the week again, your turn to come up with a meal for dinner, but you have no idea what to make. Well, ...
Chicken cordon bleu is, without doubt, a truly fantastic meal. What is even better, is if it has been made from scratch. ...
Chicken Marsala is one of the most favored and beloved of all recipes out there, and is one that is extremely popular at ...