Cheese and Pear Salad
There are very few salads that can be served as both a side dish, and as a dessert. When those few come along, it is always a good idea to learn how to make them. After all, they can add a versatile recipe to your collection that you never know when you can use. Here is a great cheese and pear salad recipe that puts a nice spin on the classic fruit salad. Try it out today to find out just how tasty it can really be.
- 1 large pear, cut julienne style (long thin strips)
- 1 large apple, cut julienne style
- 1 stalk of celery sliced thin
- 2 ounces of cheese cut julienne style (your choice of cheese, gouda, harvarti, provolone, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoon chopped pecan (optional, for garnish)
- Prep the ingredients. Once you have gathered all the ingredients that you will need for the cheese and pear salad, it is time to prepare them. This means that you will need to core and julienne the apple and pear, as well as slicing the celery and cheese in a similar manner. As you finish with the apple, pear, and celery place them into a medium sized salad or mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients. After you have added the fruit, cheese, and the celery into the mixing bowl, it is time to actually mix them together. This simply means that you need to lightly mix them together, "tossing" the salad like you would with a regular salad. Continue to mix everything together until it has been thoroughly and consistently mixed.
- Make dressing. Now that you have mixed the salad, it is time to make the "dressing" for the salad. In a small mixing bowl stir the honey and oil together until they are well blended. When mixed, it should look like a freshly made Italian style salad dressing, or even a vinaigrette. Pour the dressing over the salad, and then toss to ensure that all the ingredients of your salad get coated properly.
- Garnish and serve. Once you have poured the dressing on to the salad and tossed it garnish your salad with some chopped pecans. Simply sprinkle a few chopped pecans onto the salad and you are ready to serve. You can serve the salad in the salad bowl that you have prepared the salad in, or you can dish it out into individual bowls for everyone, the choice is yours.
This recipe is designed to serve six people, but can easily be modified to serve your particular needs. To be able to serve up to twelve people, simply double the amount of ingredients used in the recipe.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form above!)