Pepper Jack Stuffed Burgers
Hamburgers have long been traditional summer fare in the United States. In fact, it could honestly be said that no true barbecue is ever complete until a couple of burgers have been thrown on the grill. However, just because hamburgers and cheeseburgers are a long standing favorite, doesn't meant that you can't have a little fun trying out new versions. For example, this recipe is for some pepper jack stuffed burgers that will simply leave you wanting more.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 6 tablespoons of salsa
- 6 hamburger buns
- Make patties. In a large mixing bowl, begin mixing the ground beef, salt, pepper, and onion together. Make sure that you mix the ingredients together as thoroughly as possible. Spread some wax paper, or a baking sheet on to your countertop, and begin making some hamburger patties. The ground beef mixture will allow you to make 12 patties that are roughly the same size. Set the patties aside for the moment.
- Prepare grill. Begin preparing your grill for cooking. If you are using coals, allow them to get thoroughly going before placing the meat on them. With a gas grill, set the heat to medium-high, and allow the grill to warm up.
- Top with cheese. Set aside 1/3 cup of the pepper jack cheese for later use. Use the remaining cheese to top six of the hamburger patties. Place the cheese into the center of the patties as much as possible.
- Seal patties. Place the patties that do not have any cheese on them on top of the ones that do. When they are in place, press the edges of both patties together to create a tight seal. Set each completed patty aside until they are all finished.
- Grill and garnish. Place the sealed patties onto the preheated grill and allow them to cook. Grill each side of the patties for three to four minutes before flipping. During the final two minutes of grilling, garnish each patty with some of the cheese you set aside earlier, as well as with about 1 tablespoon of salsa.
After you have finished grilling the burgers, remove them immediately from the grill, they are now ready to serve. Top the pepper jack cheeseburgers with your favorite toppings, and enjoy! While this recipe as listed will make 6 servings, it is easily adjustable to your specific needs. Simply increase, or decrease, the amount of ingredients used to achieve the amount that you need.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form above!)