Around the world, wine has become a symbol of friendship and generosity. This drink is often shared with friends and family and for many it is a staple of any special occasion (or just a nice dinner together).
When looking for a gift idea for the wine enthusiast (or even for someone who is just beginning to drink it), giving a wine-related gift can be a great idea whatever the occasion. Offering wine to someone is a gesture of kindness and warm feelings.
Whether it's for a birthday, an anniversary, a wedding, or just a get-together, giving a wine-related gift can be a great way to help celebrate an event. If you are looking for some ideas, consider these:
- If you are going to give wine to someone, try presenting it in a fun way. For example, you can put the bottle in a wine gift bag, or set it up in a gift basket. Use your imagination to come up with a unique presentation.
- Of course, if you bring a wine gift to a dinner party, check with the host or hostess before assuming that the wine will be used with the meal. Not all wines taste good with particular dishes. To make it clear that wine is a gift and not for immediate use with the meal, try elaborately wrapping the bottle to show your intentions, or simply let the recipient know that it is a gift for later.
- Create a kit with various wine-related tools and accessories. Include a corkscrew, wine glasses, pourers and stoppers, and a book about wine. This gift would be great to give to someone who is new to wine drinking.
- Present someone with cheeses that go well with wine. Think about giving a bottle of wine and a cheese that will taste great along with it.
- Giving a nice wine rack can be a thoughtful and useful present. There are many creative and beautiful wine rack designs, so you are sure to find one that is just right for the recipient.
- Another good gift is to take a friend out to a wine tasting. In certain areas, vineyards are abundant and most of these locations offer wine tastings. This can be a fun way to try new kinds of wine while spending time with loved ones.
Many people enjoy receiving wine as a gift for many occasions. It is usually a welcome gift and one that says you care about the person.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form above!)