Easy Banana Bread
Is there really anything more delicious than a slice of warm, buttered banana bread? Despite what many people think, banana bread isn't really that difficult to make. All you really need to do is follow this easy banana bread recipe, and in just over an hour you, and your family, will be enjoying this wonderfully delicious treat.
- 1-3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup roasted walnuts, finely chopped or diced (optional)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3 large, ripe (very ripe) bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven. Turn your oven on, and set the temperature to about 375 degrees Fahrenheit. This will allow your oven to heat up while you are working on the rest of the ingredients and allow it to be ready by the time that you are ready for baking.
- Combine the dry ingredients. In a medium mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients, including your roasted walnuts if you are using them. Using a spatula mix all the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Peel and mash bananas. In a separate mixing bowl, preferably a large one, place your peeled overripe bananas. Using a fork, spoon, or even a potato masher, smash the bananas.
- Combine eggs, butter, and vanilla. In the same bowl as the now smashed bananas, add your softened butter, and vanilla extract. Thoroughly beat your eggs in a separate bowl, and then add them to the mixture as well. Using a spoon, spatula, or similar implement mix the eggs, butter, vanilla, and bananas together, and set aside for a couple of minutes.
- Grease your pan. Using shortening, grease and flour a baking ban that measures nine inches by five inches by three inches. If you are using a nonstick or silicone pan you don't need to do this step.
- Add the wet and ingredients. Pour the dry ingredients into the same bowl as the wet ingredients, and mix everything together. When you are doing this, do not beat or mix the ingredients for anything longer than ten seconds. Even though the batter will still look lumpy, you don't want to mix any longer or you will have bread that is way to hard.
- Pour the batter. Pour your batter into the greased baking pan, and then check to make sure that it is spread evenly across the pan. Double check and make sure that the oven is ready to go.
- Bake. Place the baking pan into your oven, and allow the banana bread to bake for about 50 minutes. Depending on your oven, your bread may take more or less time to bake, so check periodically. Do this by poking the bread with a toothpick; if it comes out clean the bread is done.
Once you have removed the banana bread from the oven, you will want to let it cool for just a few minutes before you begin to eat it. While you don't have to wait until it has completely cooled (and honestly, warm buttered banana bread tastes fantastic) you will want to let it cool just a bit, or you may burn yourself.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form above!)