In our home we love to make waffles for breakfast every weekend. It has become something of a tradition. When we first started to make this favorite breakfast item, though, it didn't turn out that great. In fact, the first few times I tried making the waffles, my kids ran and hid in terror. (Talk about embarrassing!) Here are a few things that I learned over the years that will help you choose and use the best possible waffle irons, which in turn will help you to create the best possible waffles.
- Types. There is more than one kind of waffle iron. The primary difference between types lies in the type of waffle the iron will be making. For example, one type of waffle iron will make Belgian waffles, while other irons make different styles.
- Design. Is it round or square? Stainless steel, or some other color that will match your kitchen? How about if it has a retractable cord or not? It may not seem very important, but the overall appearance of the waffle maker plays a huge role in whether or not you will be happy with it.
- Available space. Waffle irons come in a huge variety of sizes, so you will need to determine how much space you have to work with. Whether you are planning on using your new waffle iron frequently or not, you will have to work within the limits dictated by your counter space. While it may be nice to have an iron that can make five or six different waffles at a time, it won't do you any good if you can't cook with it because you have no space.
- Ease of care. It is becoming more and more popular to have a "nonstick" covering over everything used for cooking. Keep in mind that if you use the wrong type of cleaning materials (such as anything particularly abrasive) will end up ruining the nonstick material, which will in turn lead to a much more difficult cleaning job. No matter how much a person tries to minimize it, making waffles can be a messy job.
- Use. Regardless of the type or design the waffle maker is, there are still some simple guidelines that you can follow to ensure that you get the best possible waffles. First, before anything else you will need to prepare you workspace. Since the iron will be getting very hot, remove anything that is potentially flammable to ensure safety. Second, plug the iron in and turn it on. Allow the iron to reach the proper cooking temperature and then spray with a non-stick cooking spray (like Pam). Pour the appropriate amount of waffle batter onto the iron plates and close the machine. Allow the waffles to cook, and then remove once done.
When choosing commercial appliances for your business, there are a few things you should consider. Having the right ...
Espresso is made by applying pressure to coffee beans, producing a strong and delicious drink. You can make this coffee ...
If you're in the market to start your own restaurant, you'll need to know all about commercial ovens. Read and find out ...