One of the all time favorite staples of a barbecue is of course, barbecued chicken. However, if you are tired of simply going out and buying a premade barbecue sauce, or marinade, and having your chicken taste the same as everyone else's, then you are in luck. Here is a great recipe that will give you a great tasting barbecue chicken that taste's unlike anything else you have ever had.
- 10 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of oil
- 1 quart (4 cups) Seven-Up or Sprite
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Make marinade. Mix all your ingredients in a large plastic container which has a cover. Make sure that you combine everything together, and that you stir the marinade thoroughly making sure that you have a good mixture. When finished, the marinade will have the consistency of a thin syrup.
- Marinade. After you have made the marinade, it is time to put it to use. Place the chicken pieces into the large plastic container, and make sure that all your pieces are covered. It may be necessary to use more than one container, and if so don't worry. Once your chicken has been placed into the container, seal the container tightly. Place your sealed container into the fridge, and allow the meat to marinade for eighteen to twenty-four hours prior to barbecuing.
- Barbecue. When it is time to begin barbecuing your chicken, there are two different ways that you can do this. The first is by cooking the chicken on the grill, over medium heat. Make sure that you are turning the chicken frequently, and that you are not over cooking or burning the meat. When you use this method, each time that you turn the meat, dip the chicken into the barbecue sauce. For the other method, you will cook the chicken in the same manner, turning frequently, and ensuring that you do not over cook or burn the meat. However, the difference lies in that you are also heating up the barbecue sauce and when you have finished cooking the chicken, you simply place the chicken back into the barbecue sauce. Regardless of which method you use, your chicken is finished when the meat appears white when it is cut.
This recipe will prepare enough chicken to serve four to six people depending on their appetites, and what other "fixin's" you serve along side. Some great ideas would be to make either a baked potato and corn, or some potato or macaroni salad for a nice contrast. Whatever you serve, sit back and enjoy your fantastic meal with your friends and family.
Nothing really seems to bring out the flavor in chicken quite the same way that garlic does. Well, if you are in the mood ...
Chicken salad is one of the easiest salads to make, and beloved of light sandwiches around. Not only is it exceptionally ...
It's that time of the week again, your turn to come up with a meal for dinner, but you have no idea what to make. Well, ...