Have you ever had some chocolate mousse that was simply to die for? If you have, then you know just how wonderful this type of a dessert can be. Now, how wonderful would it be to learn how to make it yourself, and serve it at your next family get together? It's really easy, as long as you follow this fantastic recipe.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Melt. While using a small sauce pan, begin to melt the chocolate chips. Slowly add the water, and stir the chocolate chips until everything is smooth. Be very careful when you are melting the chocolate though, since it can be easy to scorch or burn the chocolate. Do not stop stirring until everything is smooth.
- Mix. In a small bowl, add a small amount of the heated chocolate to the lightly beaten egg yolk. Mix everything together, and then return the new mixture to the sauce pan. As before, be sure that you are constantly stirring everything to avoid any scorching.
- Cook. Continue to cook the entire mixture for two minutes. As you are cooking the mixture, you once again need to continue stirring the entire time. You will know that you are finished with this step when the mixture begins to thicken slightly, but be sure that you do not exceed the two minutes if you can help it at all.
- Cool. Remove the mixture from the heat, and add in the vanilla. Once you have added the vanilla, stir the mixture several more times until it has been completely absorbed into the mixture. Set everything aside, and allow it to cool.
- Beat. While the chocolate mixture is cooling, begin to beat the whipping cream until it starts to thicken. Once it has begun to thicken, add the sugar. Continue to beat until you see peaks forming in the mixture.
- Fold. After you have seen the peaks forming, it is time to add the chocolate to your whipping cream mixture. Slowly fold in the cooled chocolate. Continue folding the two mixtures until there is an even consistency and color to the mousse.
- Chill. Once you have finished folding the mixture, cover everything and place it into the refrigerator. The mousse will need to sit in the refrigerator for a minimum of two hours before serving. However, it can sit there longer if needed.
Be sure that you have allowed the proper amount of time to pass prior to serving the chocolate mousse. When serving the chocolate mousse, garnish with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles if you wish. This recipe will provide up to four, one cup servings.
Miss the taste of good old homemade fudge, but afraid that it will be too hard to make? This recipe is easy to follow and has ...
Looking for that perfect give to give that special someone? You can't go wrong with chocolate. There are so many ways to use ...
If you are looking for a way to impress your significant other, or even make a good impression on your coworkers, then what ...