Whenever the weather begins to warm up, people always begin to think about heating up the old grill. This is usually done by hosting a barbecue, or some other type of outdoor party. If you find that you are going to host a barbecue yourself, then you should always endeavor to make it the best it can possibly be. In order to make sure that you are hosting a barbecue that everyone will absolutely love, then all you need to do is follow these simple guidelines.
- Send your invitations. Barbecues are one of the more easy going dinner parties that you can have. That being said though, you should always send an invitation a week or two before you plan on holding the barbecue. This way you give everyone that will be coming a chance to clear the schedules and be there. These invitations do not necessarily have to be written down rather it can be a simple phone call. Written invitations are nice though.
- Come up with a menu. It is always a good idea to come up with a menu before you actually hold the barbecue. While it is always interesting to try some "fancy" foods, don't forget that the classics are often the best way to go. With the classics, you are pretty much ensured that you will have something that almost everyone will enjoy.
- Don't forget your drinks. Check the weather forecast to see what the weather will be like. The reason for this is that you will want to make sure you have plenty of cold drinks for the party if it is going to be hot. While you can always have an alcoholic bar, try to also provide non-alcoholic options as well. Your best bets for a barbecue will be things like soda, juices, iced teas, beers, wines, and wine coolers.
- Snacks are a good idea. It always takes time to cook your food on a grill, so make sure that you have some finger foods to serve people. These snacks will not only help fill up the time, it will also help to whet peoples appetites. Try having things like vegetables, dips, chips, and salsa on hand for people to snack on.
- Have enough supplies. Having the proper supplies for your barbecue is an important factor. Make sure that you have enough seats, plats, cups, eating utensils, napkins, serving utensils, and so on for everyone. In addition to serving supplies, you should also make sure that you have enough supplies for cleaning everything up as well. These supplies should always be easily accessible for everyone to use.
- Timing is important. Before the actual barbecue, take time to experiment and see how long it will take to cook everything. This will allow you to see when you need to put each item on the grill, and even give you an idea of how many grills you may need. It is always a good idea to try and have as much of your food ready to serve at the same time as possible.
- Have fun. It never hurts to have a few games or activities ready and planned for your barbecues. This way you can have any younger guests, and those who don't want to sit around and talk, entertained while they are waiting for the food to be finished.
You don't have to serve the same old boring burgers and dogs at your barbecue. Mix up a few simple ingredients and get savory ...
It is becoming more and more popular for people to deep fry turkeys rather than bake them in the traditional sense. If you ...
Cooking for large groups, such as at a barbecue, can be a tricky situation if you have never done it before. For example, do ...