On a hot summer day nothing can quench that raging thirst like some fresh strawberry lemonade can. This drink is so easy to make that you can have fresh strawberry lemon made from scratch in just minutes. This recipe is easy to make, and one that can be fun for the whole family to pitch in and help make. Best of all, this is an absolute delight to drink.
For an added surprise, you can make up some extra lemonade and pour it into your freezer tray. Place the trays into the freezer, and then let the lemonade freeze. Once frozen, add the frozen cubes into your lemonade.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 10 large lemons
- 2 quarts of water
- 1 cup granulated sugar (or sugar to taste)
- Ice (amount is optional)
- Wash and prep. Wash the strawberries and the lemons. If your family is helping, you could have them wash the strawberries while you prepare the lemons. To get more juice out of the lemon roll the lemon between your hands, or on a hard surface. Slice the lemon in half, and squeeze the lemons. If squeezing by hand you may need more lemons to get enough juice. Set the lemon juice to the side.
- Get your pitcher ready. Pour water and sugar into a pitcher; whisk the two ingredients together until the sugar dissolves. Another way is to bring a half cup of water to where it is almost boiling then add sugar, then turn down the heat to a simmer. This will take about ten minutes. Stirring occasionally, this is one of the jobs that can be passed onto an older member of the family to do.
- 3, Cut and mash the strawberries. While the sugar is dissolving now is the perfect time to prepare the strawberries. Hull the strawberries and then cut them in half. Using a potato masher, mash the strawberries until they are to a puree stage. If you have a blender put the strawberries and the lemon juice into the blender. Set the blender for puree, this will give the drink a much richer texture.
- Blend it all. Place the mashed strawberries, the lemon juice, in with the sugared water. Let the mixture cool. After the mixture has cooled, strain the mixture through a sieve to remove any of the pulp. (If you like having pulp with your drinks, then skip the part of sieving the mixture.) Mix the rest of the water with the lemon-strawberry mixture. Pour the mixture over ice into individual glasses.
Now sit back and enjoy a nice glass of strawberry-lemonade with your family.
Deb has a communications degree and applies her talents to her position as Marketing Specialist at Sharon Parq Associates. In her spare time she spends time with her children and grandchildren and devotes time to her church. Learn more about Debra...
Organizing a Garage Sale
Garage sales can be a real hassle (and not too productive) if they aren't planned or organized. With just a few simple ...
Caring for Broccoli
Wanting to grow broccoli but just not sure how? Broccoli may seem like it is a hard vegetable to grow, but in reality it ...
When to Start Shaving
The time has come and you are thinking about starting to shave. Sounds a bit scary, but it doesn't have to be once you ...
Beer Brewing Explained
Beer has literally been around for thousands of years, and has become an integral part of a large number of societies in ...
Virgin Sex on the Beach
Perhaps one of the most famous and beloved of all alcoholic drinks, Sex On The Beach can be a great addition to any party ...
Hot Holiday Punch
Nothing is better on a cold winter morning than a cup of a hot drink. This is the best hot drink to have that will leave ...