Whether you are simply having a church or community social, or a fund raising barbecue, cooking for large groups can be somewhat confusing. Simply trying to figure out how much of the various ingredients that you will need to get used to require a lot of math was enough to keep some fun events from happening. Now you don't have to worry about that anymore. With this handy guide you can begin cooking for large groups with no problem. Here are some of the more common barbecue elements, and how much you will need to have of each, for servings ranging from 25 to 100. Have fun!
- Potato salads. Potato salad is always popular, so make sure that you have plenty on hand. For 25 servings, you will usually need 4-1/4 quarts; 50 servings will require about 2-1/4 gallons; 100 servings necessitates that you have bout 4-1/2 gallons on hand.
- Jello salad. Either as a side dish or a dessert, Jello salad is always a treat. Make sure that you have 3/4 gallons of Jello salad for 25 people, 1-1/4 gallons for 50 servings, or 2-1/2 gallons for about 100.
- Lettuce. A nice tossed salad can be a great addition to any barbecue, but only if you have enough. To make enough salad for 25 people you will need to use four heads, while 50 people will require double that amount. For 100 people you will need to use 15 heads of lettuce to make enough salad for everyone.
- Tomatoes. Tomatoes are a great help in adding flavor to a salad, so make sure that you have plenty on hand. Twenty-five people will require you to use 5 pounds of tomatoes, 50 servings needs 10 pounds, and 100 needs you to have 20 pounds.
- Hamburger. Make sure that you have enough hamburgers to cook by having nine pounds for up to 25 people, 18 pounds for 50 servings, and 35 pounds for 100.
- Hot dogs. Hot dogs are always popular at a barbecue, so you always should have some on hand. For 25 servings have 6-1/2 pounds on hand, 13 pounds for 50 servings, and 25 pounds for 100 servings.
- Fish fillets. Fish can taste great when cooked on a grill. In order to have enough fish for 25 people though you will need to make sure that you have 7-1/2 pounds, and double that for 50 people. 100 servings will require that you have 30 pounds of fish fillets to cook.
- Poultry. Who doesn't love barbecued turkey or chicken? If you are going to offer this, then you need to make sure that you have 13 pounds on hand so you can make up to 25 servings. 50 servings will require around 30 pounds, while 100 servings will need about 60 to 65 pounds.
- Butter. Butter is a useful and condiment, so be sure that you have enough to serve at your barbecue. Typically you will need about 1/2 pound for 25 servings, 1 pound for 50, and 1-1/2 pounds for 100 servings.
- Mayonaise.What hamburger would be complete without a little mayo on it? In order to provide 25 servings of may you will need to make sure that you have 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise on hand. 50 servings will require 3 cups, and 100 servings needs 6 cups.
- Cheese. If you are going to have hamburgers, then you also need to have some cheese on hand for those who want cheese burgers. In order to have enough cheese to provide 25 servings you will need 3 pounds, 50 servings will require 6 pounds, and 100 servings needs 12 pounds of your favorite cheese.
- Salad dressing. Simply put, if you have salad, you need salad dressing. In order to have enough salad dressing for 25 servings, you will need to have 1 pint, 50 servings requires 2-1/2 pints, while 100 servings means that you will need to have 1/2 a gallon ready.
When the snow finally begins to melt from the ground, it's time to start thinking of barbecuing. It comes in handy, though, ...
When the weather turns nice and we begin to think about turning on that barbecue, there is one skill that becomes an absolute ...
It is important that you take care of your grill and keep it clean and well-maintained. Regularly wiping, scrubbing and ...