Is there really anyone out there that doesn't love to have a great tasting snickerdoodle every once in a while? Easy snickerdoodles are a wonderful snack, and a great treat that you can use to treat your entire family. Not only are they particularly easy to make, this recipe tastes wonderful as well.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven. Set the temperature on your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and turn it on. This will allow the oven to heat up, and be ready to go by the time you are finished with making the cookie dough, and want to start baking.
- Make the coating. In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and sugar for the coating. When they are both in the bowl, mix it together as thoroughly as possible. Set the bowl aside for later use.
- Mix dry cookie ingredients. Grab a large mixing bowl, and combine all of the dry ingredients for the cookies. Mix them all together as much as possible, and then set aside.
- Cream the butter. In a medium bowl cream the butter, and then add the sugar. Cream everything together again, and then add the vanilla. Repeat the process with the remaining we ingredients.
- Mix cookie ingredients. Slowly add the wet cookie ingredients to the dry, and combine them. Mix the two sets of ingredients together as thoroughly as possible so that you can get a nice, smooth consistency. Place the mixture into the refrigerator and allow them to chill for about an hour or so. You can go right to making the dough balls if the cookie dough isn't too sticky to handle.
- Roll and coat cookie balls. Take some of the cookie dough, and make a ball that is about 3/4 inch to 1 inch in diameter. As you finish each cookie ball roll it through the cinnamon and sugar coating. Place the finished cookie ball onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat the process until the cookie sheet is filled (with each ball about 2-1/2 inches apart.
- Bake. Place the cookie sheet into the middle rack of your oven, and allow it to bake for no more than 12 minutes. Around the nine minute mark you will want to check on the cookies. When surface has begun to puff and crack, you are ready to remove them from the oven. Repeat steps six and seven as necessary to use all your cookie dough.
Once you have finished baking your cookies and removed them from the oven, allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for about five minutes or so. When that time has passed, remove the cookies from the cookie sheet, and then place them on a rack to finish cooling. These snickerdoodles are best served warm (as with most cookies) and a cold glass of milk. Enjoy!
Contributor of numerous Tips.Net articles, Lee Wyatt is quickly becoming a regular "Jack of all trades." He is currently an independent contractor specializing in writing and editing. Contact him today for all of your writing and editing needs! Click here to contact. Learn more about Lee...
What is Psoriasis?
Chances are that if you have ever walked down a cosmetics or health care aisle in the grocery store, you have come across ...
If you have ever had spaghetti on your menu, then you know how difficult it can be to make some truly spectacular ...
Identifying Perennial Weeds
Some of the more troublesome types of weeds that you can experience in your garden are those that come back year after ...
No-Bake Oatmeal Cookies
Kids love cookies. No-bake cookies are fast and easy, requiring little time to prepare and clean up.
Homemade Shortbread Cookies
Shortbread cookies have got to be one of the most treasured holiday favorites. Unfortunately, it can often difficult to ...
Neiman Marcus Cookies
These cookies are the best cookies ever made. They are a perfect blend of chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies.