If you are thinking of having a Chinese night, or simply are in the mood for your favorite type of Chinese soup, you can't go wrong with egg drop soup. Not only is it really tasty, it is also amazingly easy to make. Use this recipe to make something that you and your family will simply love.
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup of sliced mushrooms (your favorite, or straw, enoki, shitaki)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Mix thickener. Take 1/2 cup of your chicken stock, the cornstarch, and mix them together. Blend the two together as much as possible so that the cornstarch dissolves into the stock, and you have a nice thickener ready to add to the rest of your stock.
- Mix base. In a large pot add the remaining stock, soy sauce, green onions, mushrooms, white pepper, and ginger. Set the temperature to high, and stir the mixture together until it comes to a boil.
- Add thickener. When you have the soup at a boil, add the thickener you made earlier. As you are pouring it into the base, make sure that you stir it all together until it is completely mixed. When it is mixed, reduce the heat, and allow it to simmer/
- Slowly add eggs. While the soup is simmering, slowly add the eggs to the mix. As you do that make sure you are stirring the soup to help spread out the eggs. You will notice the eggs are spreading out into something that looks a lot like ribbons.
- Remove from heat and garnish. Once you have finished adding the eggs continue to stir the soup until the eggs have finished cooking. When the eggs are finished cooking, go ahead and remove the soup from the heat, and get ready to serve. While you can use many things as a garnish, one of the best options is to sprinkle a few more chopped green onions or chives over the soup.
Ideally you should serve the egg drop soup while it is still hot. However, if you have any left over, simply store the remainder as you would chicken noodle soup. Make sure that you finish of the remainder of the soup within the next 72 hours though, since it won't really last for much longer than that.
Have the chilly evenings got you wanting something that will warm you up inside? Homemade turkey noodle soup will be just ...
Potato soup is a relatively easy, tasty, and heart warming meal that you can make and enjoy on particularly cool days. ...
Whether you are looking for a great tasting meal, or something to warm you up on a cold winter day, you can't really go ...