Egg salad sandwiches not only taste fantastic, but they are also one of the easier things to make in the kitchen. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why egg salad sandwiches are a comfort food for many people. Whether you are planning on making some for lunch, a snack, or simply as a method for using up left over Easter eggs, use this recipe. You will love how it turns out.
- Hardboiled eggs (about two per person)
- Bread (your favorite type, about two slices per person)
- Mustard (traditional yellow is used here, but you can use your favorite)
- Pickle juice
- Medium to large sized mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Rubber spatula
- Boil the eggs. Before you can begin making the actual egg salad for your sandwiches, you need to have the eggs to use. This means that you need to hard-boil the eggs so that you can add them to the salad. Generally speaking, you will need to place the eggs (eight for this particular recipe) into a pot and then cover them with water. Bring the water and eggs to a boil for about 15 minutes and then allow them to cool.
- Peel and chop the eggs. Once the eggs have cooled, it is time to peel and chop them. While you don't really need to worry about making the eggs look pretty as you peel them, try not to waste too much of the egg whites. Dispose of the shells properly, and then begin chopping the eggs up, yolk and all. Place the chopped eggs into a medium or large mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise. Add some mayonnaise to the chopped eggs, and begin mixing everything together. You will want to add somewhere between three tablespoons and 1/2 cup of mayonnaise. The exact amount is imprecise due to differing tastes that people have. Simply add the smallest amount and mix together, if the mixture isn't smooth enough for you add a little more. Continue to do this until you have achieved the texture you want.
- Add mustard. Add one teaspoon (or a quick squirt) of your favorite type of mustard to the mix. This will add the distinctive color that is associated with egg salad sandwiches, as well as nice bit of zest. Mix everything together with a rubber spatula until you have a nice even color in the mixture.
- Add pickle juice. Pour just a dash of pickle juice to the egg salad sandwich mix, and then mix everything together. If you really need to have a measurement, then add about 1/2 teaspoon. This will add a nice little tang to the mix, which will make it different (and yummier) than any other type of egg salad sandwich.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle some salt and pepper into the egg salad sandwich mix. Stir the mixture together, and then taste test it. Repeat the process until you have reached the taste that you are looking for.
- Scoop and serve. Scoop a bit of the egg salad mixture onto your favorite type of bread, and then spread it around. Top off the sandwich with the second piece of bread and serve.
Whether it is for a snack, or even a full meal, sandwiches can certainly hit the spot. If you are tired of the same old ...
OK, let's be serious for a minute here, who doesn't like sandwiches? If you are looking for a great alternative to your ...
Don't get bored with sandwiches. Shake up a usual meal with a bit of the extraordinary!