Some Great Non-Stick Bakeware
Pyrex is a company that creates bakeware, gadgets, storage, and tools for the average household baker and cook. Pyrex takes pride in having a "selection of unique products that have smart and intuitive features that will enhance the baking experience and inspire confidence in the kitchen." I have often used Pyrex's glass products and never been let down. I was pleased to find that their non-stick metal selection delivered the same quality and dependability that I was accustomed to.
I really put this bakeware selection through its paces over the holiday season and hope that my experiences will help you determine your own personal needs when selecting bakeware.
(If you are interested in seeing more Pyrex products, take a look at their website: http://www.pyrexware.com)
- Ease of use. Well, I must say that if you are looking for ease of use, are a novice baker, or even a child this bakeware is for you. I have never seen so many features to aid with making your cooking experience more enjoyable or straight forward. All of the pans have large, wide edge handles that are marked to provide easy cutting guidelines. This will help ensure that equal portions are being distributed. The cookie sheet is marked where each cookie, biscuit or so forth should be put to avoid melding together while cooking. The oblong and muffin pans have fill lines to prevent over filling and ensure that each bakery item comes out in uniform size. I am not a novice to baking, but I found the markings to be helpful and in touch with the needs of their consumers.
- Maintenance. Clean up and maintenance of this bakeware was a cinch! These pans have a durable non-stick coating, are metal spatula safe, dishwasher safe and nest together for easy storage. I cooked with each of these pans several times over the holidays and was amazed at the ease of removing baked items from them they just sort of slipped off or out of the pan. It was a beautiful thing as most of my baking was being given as gifts and I wanted them to look as pristine and impressive as possible.
- Pros. I really enjoyed the fact that I could use metal utensils on the bakeware. I didn't have to be careful about scratching the surface and getting the flecks of Teflon in my food and ruining the baking surface for future use. I also appreciated that fact that they stack together so nicely. I have limited storage space and enjoy having more than one pan. One of my greatest joys with this set however, was the lid. I am constantly taking food and baked items places. I generally cover my baked item with foil for the transportation and am very careful in this transition. I have found that most lids will work for the first few uses and then stretch out, shrink or in some way become unusable. This lid did not do that. I put it through the dishwasher several times and still found that it would tightly seal to the pan. (The lid worked for both the muffin and oblong pan.) The handle in the lid is also quite sturdy. I initially feared it would break while I was carrying my tasty goods, particularly with the heavier items like casseroles, but to my astonishment I found it to be very reliable.
- Cons. I found very little that I didn't love about this bakeware. Two things that were of small inconvenience were, first, the edge of the bakeware that is marked for cutting makes it so that I cannot just take my hot pad, grab the pan with one hand and remove it from the oven or lift it off the counter. The edge makes the weight distribution so that I have to use both hands to carry or retrieve the item. Second, the edge makes the pans a little odd shaped for the dishwasher. Neither of these issues would cause me to re-think using or purchasing more from this line of bakeware.
- Overall experience. I found this set to be practical, helpful, convenient and enjoyable to use. It made my holiday cooking more successful and that is always a delight! I would recommend the Pyrex non-stick metal baking line to anyone.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form above!)