Swiss Chicken Cutlets
Surprise your family and friends with this special and easy chicken recipe. Swiss chicken cutlets are easy to make; with a delicious taste. This meal looks like you have spent hours in the kitchen when you have spent less than thirty minutes.
- 2 Slices Swiss cheese
- 4 chicken cutlets 1/4 inch thick (about 4 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Parsley and oregano sprigs (to garnish)
- Cooked rice (optional)
- Cut the two slices of Swiss cheese in half. Place one half of the cheese slices on top of each of the chicken cutlets. Roll up the cutlets like you would a jelly-roll. Starting with the short end, roll the cutlets tightly. Secure each cutlet with a string. Securing each cutlet will ensure that the rolls will hold their shape during cooking.
- Place the flour and pepper into a medium size bowl. Mix the flour and pepper well. Place the cutlets into the bowl to lightly coat the chicken cutlet.
- Using a large nonstick skillet melt the butter over medium heat. When the butter is all melted add the chicken cutlets. Cook the cutlets. Turn the chicken cutlets frequently, till they turn a golden brown. This should take about three to four minutes.
- Use the same skillet that you cooked the chicken cutlets in; add broth, wine (if not using wine add more chicken broth) and dried oregano. Turn the heat up on the cutlets till the mixture comes to a boil.
- Put a lid onto skillet with the boiling cutlets. Reduce the temperature down to a medium-low. Let the chicken simmer for about ten minutes. The chicken should be cooked through. If the chicken is not cooked through let the chicken simmer for another two minutes. The sauce should be slightly thickened at this point.
- Place the chicken on to a serving platter; remove the string on the chicken. Top the chicken with the thickened sauce. Garnish the platter with parsley and oregano sprigs.
To make the appearance look more appetizing would be to place the chicken cutlets on top of a platter that is full of rice.
To make a healthier version of this recipe just substitute reduce-sodium chicken broth for the regular chicken broth. You will also want to change Swiss cheese for a reduced-fat Swiss cheese instead of the regular Swiss cheese.
This healthy meal will serve four.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form above!)