Easy Chicken Apple Pasta Salad
Have you ever noticed how easy it is to make a pasta salad? Because it is so easy to make them, these types of salads are perfect for summer get-togethers, light dinners or lunches, or even for last minute events. But, after awhile, most pasta salads have a tendency to taste the same. Well, here is an easy chicken apple pasta salad that you will simply love. Try it out today to see just how good it really is.
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 large apples, cored and cubed
- 7 ounces of Gouda cheese
- 1 package of bowtie pasta (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 large avocado (optional)
Honey-Lime Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Cook chicken tenders. Remove the chicken tenders from their packaging, and follow the directions for cooking them. Typically this will only take about 15 minutes in an oven that has been set to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. When finished, remove the chicken from the oven, and allow it to cool.
- Cook pasta. While the chicken is cooking, go ahead and begin cooking the pasta as you normally would. The simplest way to make sure that you do it correctly is to follow the directions on the packaging. When finished, drain the pasta, and set it aside.
- Make dressing. As the pasta and chicken are cooling, begin making your dressing. Place all the dressing ingredients into a medium mixing bowl, and blend together.
- Combine ingredients. Place all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl, and mix them together. Make sure that the chicken and pasta are cool, or you may end up cooking the apples.
- Stir in dressing. Pour the dressing into the bowl with the salad. As you pour it in, stir the salad so that you can coat everything equally. Continue to stir the salad until it is completely coated.
- Chill and serve. Place the salad into the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes prior to serving. Slice some avocado and garnish your salad with it prior to serving.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form above!)