The hot months experienced from summer to early autumn are the perfect time to spend outside with friends and family. However, there is a slight drawback to cooking at this time of year, and that is how hot the kitchen can get. One possible solution is to use the kitchen as little as possible by making some cold pasta salad. It is remarkably easy, and the solution is a great tasting concoction that you will just love.
- 1 box of your favorite pasta (corkscrew, rigatoni, bow tie, etc.)
- 3 cups cubed cheese (cheddar, provolone, mozzarella, Colby, etc.)
- 1 cup broccoli, diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni, diced
- 1 cup diced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers (red, green, yellow)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bottle dressing (ranch, Italian, etc.)
- Prepare the ingredients. To really spend as little time in the kitchen as possible, it is a good idea to prepare the various ingredients before you begin cooking the pasta. Simply cut, shred, dice, and store all the ingredients in little bowls until you are ready to combine everything. This way, when you are ready to combine everything it will all be ready to go.
- Cook the pasta. Take a look at the back of your pasta box, and make sure that you are fully familiar with the process for cooking that particular pasta. When you do start making the pasta, make sure that you don't let the pasta overcook. If you don't pay close attention, then you can end up having the pasta end up getting all pasty which is no good to anyone.
- Rinse the pasta. Once the pasta has been thoroughly cooked, drain it in the sink. As you drain the pasta, take the time to also rinse it off using some cold water. The cold water will not only cool the pasta from the hot water, but rinse it off of any little bits and pieces that you don't want to eat, while also stopping the pasta from cooking.
- Combine. In a large salad bowl, combine all the various ingredients. After you have placed all the ingredients into the bowl, pour your favorite dressing over the mixture. Use a large spoon, or plastic spatula to completely mix everything together, and ensure that the dressing covers all your ingredients.
- Cool and serve. With everything mixed together, it is time to make the pasta salad a cold one. Simply place the salad bowl into a refrigerator for at least an hour prior to serving it. When you are ready to eat, all you need to do is remove the salad bowl from the refrigerator and dish it up.
If you are looking to truly put your own twist on a salad, then what better way to do that than by making your own salad ...
Salads can be a great way to help beat the summer heat, but what type of salads should you have? Summer salads can be made ...
Oriental themed salads can often be a tad expensive, at least that is the case if you aren't willing to use a bit of ...