Oriental food is perhaps one of the more beloved of themes, and if you are looking to have a great dish that is easy to make and tastes great they you really should look into making ramen noodle salad. Considering how inexpensive ramen noodles are to purchase, you would be amazed at how inexpensive this dish really can be. All you need to do is follow this simple recipe.
- 1/2 head chopped green cabbage
- 1/2 head chopped red cabbage
- 8 chopped green onions
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 packages of oriental flavored ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoon of roasted slivered almonds, sunflower seeds, or sesame seeds (your choice)
- 1 cup salad oil
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 flavor packet from ramen noodles
- Make the dressing. One of the first things that you should do when making ramen noodle salad is to either make or choose which salad dressing you will have on the salad. To make the one listed here, all you need to do is combine the salad oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and flavor packet in a medium sized mixing bowl. Use a whisk and mix all of the ingredients together thoroughly. When finished, pour the dressing into an empty bottle and store in the fridge.
- Make the salad. In a large salad bowl, place the chopped red and green cabbage, shredded carrots, and chopped green onions. Toss this mixture together, until everything is evenly mixed and distributed.
- Add the noodles. Break up and separate the uncooked ramen noodles, and then sprinkle them over the salad. When you have spread the noodles evenly over the salad, once again you will want to toss the salad mixture together. You will want to do this to help ensure that the noodles are also evenly distributed throughout the salad.
- Chill. Place the mixed salad into the refrigerator and allow it to chill. Leave the salad in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. This salad is best enjoyed when served cold.
- Drizzle and serve. When you are ready to eat remove the salad and dressing from the refrigerator, and sprinkle the nuts or seeds over the salad. Take the salad out to where you will be eating, and then drizzle the dressing over everything. Enjoy!
Keep in mind that while you can always use the dressing listed in this recipe, you can also use your favorite one. Be aware that when you change the dressing you will also dramatically change the overall taste and impact of the salad as well.
Potato salad has long been considered a staple on the barbecue and picnic tables here in United States, but it can be ...
Are you looking for a great tasting, yet unique salad that you can add to just about any meal? If so, then this is the ...
Seven-layer salad is a great dish to have for any meal, whether it is a small one-person dinner, or a large gathering. ...