Have you ever gone to one of those fabulous steak restaurants, and come away amazed at how they turned out their steaks? Amazingly, many different steak houses, and other kinds of restaurants, use cheese sauces to help enhance the flavor of their steaks. One of the best examples of this is the gorgonzola steak served at restaurants such as Johnny Corino's. If you have never had it before, you simply don't know what you are missing. With that being said though, there is a way that you can make a similar type of gorgonzola steak at home. If you are interested, simply use this recipe.
- 4 12 ounce steaks, roughly 1 inch thick
- 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 3 tablespoons onion and chives cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons bottled chunky blue cheese salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat. Before you can really begin to cook your gorgonzola steak, you will need to preheat your grill. The best temperature to cook a steak at is 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Now for all intents and purposes, it is rather difficult to get a grill heated to an exact temperature, so as long as you get your grill heated to somewhere in the range of 350 degrees Fahrenheit to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, you will do just fine.
- Season the steaks. While the grill is being heated up, go ahead and season your steaks. In this case, sprinkle some of the garlic pepper onto the steaks and rub it in. Be sure that you do this to both sides of all the steaks. Once you have seasoned the steaks, set them aside to allow the flavor to work on the meat.
- Blend the cheese sauce. After you have set aside the steaks, it is time to begin making your cheese sauce. Do this by mixing together the onion and chives cream cheese, and the blue cheese salad dressing. It is best to do this in a small mixing bowl. Continue mixing until everything has been well blended, and then set aside.
- Cook the steaks. Once you have the grill up to the proper temperature, it is time to cook the steaks. Place steaks onto the grill and begin cooking. It should only take between 4 and 7 minutes per side to cook the steaks, so be sure that you don't over cook. For the final minute or two of cooking the steaks, top the steak with the cream sauce.
- Garnish with gorgonzola. Once you have finished cooking the steaks, remove them and place them onto the dishes for serving. After you have placed the steaks onto their respective dishes, garnish each steak with about 1 tablespoon of crumbled gorgonzola cheese.
- Serve. Congratulations, you have now made some fantastic gorgonzola steaks. Simply serve the steaks while they are still hot. Some great side dishes to consider when serving the steaks would be some asparagus, a cheddar broccoli soup, and a nice salad. This recipe will make four 12 ounce steaks, but can easily be modified to serve more people if needed.
While barbecue brisket is one of the more traditional fares offered at many barbecues, this isn't the only place that you ...
Are you looking for an inexpensive alternative to visiting the butcher? Well, instead of ordering meats from a local ...
Bacon is a great tasting, and long standing favorite, food item. What isn't all that well liked is the grease and spatter ...