If you have never had leg of lamb, then you don't know what you are missing. Leg of lamb is one of those versatile types of meats that can fit almost any situation, and when prepared properly can be extremely impressive. Luckily, leg of lamb is a whole lot easier to make than one may normally think. All you need to do is follow this simple recipe, and you will have the centerpiece of a meal that is truly amazing. The recipe will provide a meal for 8 to 10 people depending on how you slice the meat.
- 1/2 cup fruit juice (orange or pineapple)
- 1 cup of white wine
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 6 pound leg of lamb, boneless if possible
- Make marinade. Make the marinade for your leg of lamb by mixing together all of the ingredients except for the leg of lamb. Simply place all of the ingredients into a blender, and then pulse the machine two or three times. That should be enough time to thoroughly mix everything together, but if it is not completely mixed to your satisfaction, pulse the machine again as needed.
- Marinate lamb. After having mixed the marinade, it is time to begin marinating the lamb. Simply place the marinade and the lamb into a large plastic bag and tie it closed. Place this bag into yet another bag, and then place everything into the refrigerator. Allow the meat to marinate overnight, or at the very least for several hours before preparing the oven.
- Prepare the oven. Remove the marinating leg of lamb from your refrigerator at least 30 minutes before you plan on cooking it. While the meat is returning to room temperature, begin preparing your oven. Arrange two of your oven racks so that there is enough space to fit the leg of lamb on the top rack, and a roasting pan on the second. Once you have the oven arranged, preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roast the lamb. Remove the lamb from the marinating bag and set it inside the oven. Place a roasting pan under the meat and allow your lamb to cook for 20 minutes. After cooking the meat for 20 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit, reduce the temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook the lamb for another hour, or 10 minutes per pound if you are using a different size lamb. After you finish roasting the lamb, remove it from the oven and allow it to rest for 15 minutes prior to serving.
If you love meat, then chances are you love a good steak every once in a while. But even with the best of cooks, steak ...
Pork chops are a fantastic, and relatively inexpensive, dish that just about everyone can enjoy. If you are looking for a ...
There is little doubt that bison meat is a healthy alternative to eating beef. While eating bison, you benefit from ...