Bacon and Apple Sandwiches
Written by Lee Wyatt (last updated November 13, 2020)
The taste of apple and bacon together is a wonderful combination that truly needs to be experienced to be fully appreciated. Here is a simple recipe for making bacon and apple sandwiches that not only taste fantastic, but are also extremely easy to make. In fact, this sandwich can be enjoyed in less than 15 minutes. Here's what you need to do.
- 4 slices of artisan sourdough bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick (or you can use your favorite bread instead)
- 4 ounces of pepper jack cheese, sliced thin (or use your favorite cheese instead)
- 1/2 small apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 slices of thick Canadian bacon
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Make sandwiches. Place sliced cheese onto two of the pieces of bread, being sure to cover the entire piece of bread. On top of the cheese place the sliced apples, followed by the Canadian bacon. Cover the sandwich with another piece of bread, and set aside for a few minutes.
- Melt butter. Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat, and melt the butter. Once the butter has been fully melted add the sandwiches and begin grilling them.
- Grill sandwiches. Grill, or cook, the sandwiches one at a time in the medium sized skillet. After three or four minutes, flip the sandwich over to allow even cooking. You can also flip the sandwich over when the bread has reached a golden brown color and the cheese has begun to melt. After flipping over the sandwich, repeat the process. Periodically press the sandwich down using a spatula to help everything stick together.
- Serve. Remove the sandwich from the skillet and place on a plate. Cut the bacon and apple sandwich in half diagonally and pull it apart slightly for a better presentation, and serve.
All that you need to do now is to sit back and enjoy this fantastic twist on the classic grilled cheese sandwich. The recipe, as stated here, will make two sandwiches but is easily adjustable to be able to make more. In order to make more, all you really need to do is use a two more pieces of bread, cheese, and bacon, while using a slightly larger apple and a little more butter. For four servings, simply double all the ingredients.
Contributor of numerous Tips.Net articles, Lee Wyatt is quickly becoming a regular "Jack of all trades." He is currently an independent contractor specializing in writing and editing. Contact him today for all of your writing and editing needs! Click here to contact. Learn more about Lee...
Cleaning Burnt Gravy from Saucepans
Gravy is one of those items that can seemingly transform a meal from being simply OK, into something fantastic. However, ...
If you are looking for a truly elegant dessert, and happen to love chocolate, than can you really do any better than ...
Planting Along a Sidewalk
Have you ever noticed how there is one area of the home that tends to get overlooked when it comes time to garden? That ...
Cucumber sandwiches are not just for tea parties. I used to work with a man who brought cucumber sandwiches for lunch ...
Making Perfect Grilled Cheese
When done right, a grilled cheese sandwich can arguably be one of the best comfort foods around. The trick though lies in ...
Cheesy Caramelized Onion Panini
If you are looking for a great new twist on the perennial favorite of a grilled cheese sandwich, then look no further. ...