Stuffed manicotti is a great Italian dish that many people over look, simply because it seems like too much work. But why spend all of that extra money getting your stuffed manicotti fix at a restaurant, when you can easily make some great tasting manicotti at home, for a fraction of the price? All you need to do is use this recipe, and follow the directions to get a dish that your family will want time and again.
- 2 packages manicotti noodles
- 2 pounds Ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons parsley
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large sandwich bag
- 1 bottle spaghetti sauce
- Make the stuffing. In a large mixing bowl, begin mixing the eggs, parsley, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, Ricotta cheese, pepper,and salt. Mix everything well, until you have an even consistency and texture. Set the stuffing aside for later.
- Cook the noodles. Fill a large pot with hot water, and set on the oven to boil. Follow the directions on the noodle box to ensure proper cooking of the noodles. After the noodles have cooked, remove from heat, drain, and cool off with cold water. At this time preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stuff the noodles. Pack some of the cheese mixture into a large sandwich bag, and twist the end closed. Hold the bag so that the mixture is in one of the corners of the bag, and that there is pressure. Cut off one corner of the corner of the sandwich bag that has the mixture in, and use as a temporary pastry bag. Take one of the cooled noodles, and begin filling with the cheese mixture by squeezing the cheese from the bag into the noodles. Refill your pastry bag as often as necessary till you have filled all your manicotti noodles.
- Lay noodles in baking dish. Pour a little bit of the spaghetti sauce onto the bottom of a large baking dish, and begin laying out the filled manicotti. Once you have filled your baking dish, cover with the remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Bake and serve. Place the baking dish into your oven, and bake for 1 hour. When finished, remove and serve. It is best to serve this dish while hot, though it can be reheated for later consumption if there are leftovers.
If you've ever visited a chili parlor and ordered a phony coney and a 4-way, then you're certainly in the greater Cincinnati, ...
Chances are pretty good that if you have some homemade pasta that you won't be using it all at the same time. That leaves you ...
Pasta is a staple item of many diets throughout the world. Not only that, it is an important ingredient for many of the most ...