Pumpkin pie has got to be one of the most traditional and beloved of pies in the United States. It seems like it never really goes out of season to have one, but is most commonly eaten during the holiday season. Well, instead of paying an arm and a leg to get a pumpkin pie from your local grocery store, why not take the time to really impress and blow away your family? This fantastic and easy to follow recipe will help you make a pumpkin pie that will have your family drooling for months to come.
- 1 unbaked premade pie crust (9 inch in diameter)
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 12 ounce can of evaporated milk
- Mix dry ingredients. Before you begin mixing the ingredients for your pumpkin pie, start preheating your oven. Set the temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Once you have done that, begin mixing the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients. Now that you have the dry ingredients mixed properly, it is time to begin adding and mixing the wet ingredients. Begin by adding the eggs and beating them until they are completely mixed together. After you have added the eggs, it is time to add the pumpkin puree. As you are stirring the pumpkin puree in, you can take the opportunity to gradually stir in the evaporated milk. Continue mixing and stirring until everything has a homogenous look, almost as if you had just made a pumpkin soup.
- Pour the pie. Place your unbaked pie shell into a pie tin, and make sure that there are no wrinkles or air bumps in the crust. Once the pie shell is ready, simply pour in the pie filling.
- Bake the pie. Place the now filled pie into your preheated oven, and allow it to bake for 15 minutes. Once that time has elapsed, reduce the oven's temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for no less than 40 minutes, and no more than 50. The best way to tell if your pie is ready to come out is by inserting a knife into the middle of the pie and checking to see if it comes out clean. If it does, then the pie is ready to come out of the oven.
- Cool and serve. Once the pie is ready to be removed from the oven, set it out to cool. Ideally you will want to place your pie on a wire cooling rack, but if you don't have one that is fine. Allow the pie to cool for a minimum of two hours prior to serving. After two hours, the pie should still be warm to the touch, but not too hot. Serve with a garnish of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for best results.
One of the most beloved of all pies is probably cherry pie. If you want a cherry pie, and are interested in saving some ...
Want to make a great tasting pie that almost everyone will enjoy, but is not your usual fruit pie? Then try a fresh warm ...
Making awesome, flaky pie crusts can be quick and easy. You can have professional results without special tools or ...