Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Written by Lee Wyatt (last updated July 14, 2021)
If regular chocolate chip cookies are a beloved favorite in your house, then you have got to try some of these fantastic double chocolate chip cookies. Once you have them, you will easily find yourself saying that they are among your favorite cookies in the world. This is not only due to the fantastic taste that can be found in the double chocolate chip cookies, but in how easy it is to make. From start to finish, these cookies will only take you about 35 minutes to make, and you will simply love them!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts, etc.)—optional
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven. Prior to making the dough, begin by preheating your oven. This will allow your oven to heat up properly so you can more easily bake the cookies. Set the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and then begin making your cookie dough.
- Mix and make the dough. Place the butter, sugar, and vanilla into a large mixing bowl, start blending everything together. Continue mixing these ingredients until everything is well mixed, and you are left with the appearance of a cream. Add the cocoa and milk to this mixture, and combine everything once again. Once everything is well blended add the flour and baking powder, and mix it until the dough begins to appear. After you have the base dough ready, add the chocolate chips and nuts (if you are using them) into the dough, and fold everything together.
- 3. Place and cook. Use a teaspoon (which is a regular spoon, not the larger soup spoons) and begin placing spoonfuls of the combined cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Place each dollop of cookie dough about one inch away from each other to allow enough room for the cookie to grow while baking. When you have the cookie sheet filled up, place it into your preheated oven. Allow the cookies to bake for about 10 minutes, or until they look done, and then remove them.
- Cool and serve. Set the hot cookie sheet off to the side for about five minutes to allow the cookies to cool for a bit. When the cookies have cooled, remove them from the cookie sheet and place them on a wire rack to complete their cooling. Repeat the steps three and four until you have finished making the number of cookies that you want, or until you run out of cookie dough. Once the cookies have cooled enough to be handled with your bare hand, feel free to enjoy some with a nice glass of cold milk or some ice cream.
Contributor of numerous Tips.Net articles, Lee Wyatt is quickly becoming a regular "Jack of all trades." He is currently an independent contractor specializing in writing and editing. Contact him today for all of your writing and editing needs! Click here to contact. Learn more about Lee...
Fruit Tree Care
With their beautiful blooms and tasty fruit, it's easy to see how fruit trees are a great addition to any landscape ...
Removing Petroleum Jelly Stains from Silk
Petroleum jelly is an interesting substance that can be used for all kinds of different tasks. In fact this substance can ...
For some reason most people have a tendency to forget about performing fireplace maintenance until it is way too late. ...
Who doesn't love snickerdoodle cookies? These cookies have long been a favorite in households around the country, and ...
Snicker Doodle Cookies
If you're looking for a variation on a traditional sugar cookie, snicker doodles may be a great choice for a holiday ...
Outstanding Oatmeal Cookies
Cookies are always a hit, and it seems like oatmeal cookies are always in favor. Here is an outstanding recipe for quick ...