Apple crisp is a great way to enjoy the taste of apple pie, without all of the added work that often comes along with baking pies. In fact, if you are looking for a simple and easy method for making some fantastic tasting apple crisp, then look no further. All you need to do is follow this great tasting recipe, and you will soon have a desert that you will just love.
- 4 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats (your preference on brand)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup soft margarine
- Preheat oven. Begin by preheating the oven. By the time you have finished all your preparations, the oven should have reached the appropriate temperature, and you can begin baking the dish. Set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and then proceed to the next step.
- Make the filling. In a large mixing bowl, begin combining the apples, sugar, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons of margarine. Once you have all of the ingredients together in the bowl, begin tossing them as you would a salad. Continue tossing the ingredients together until everything has mixed together properly. You can tell that you have reached this state in two ways. The first is that the margarine has actually melted and is now a part of the mixture; the second, it looks as if the apples are all evenly coated in cinnamon and sugar.
- Pour the filling. After you have the apple and cinnamon mixture well mixed, pour it all into a baking dish. This baking dish needs to be greased, and should measure 9 inches by 13 inches.
- Make the crisp. In a separate large mixing bowl, place the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, margarine, and brown sugar and begin mixing everything together. You should only need to use a spatula to mix everything together, so you shouldn't have too much trouble. Continue mixing everything together until everything has mixed together completely, and the mixture has formed into lots of little clumps.
- Sprinkle the crisp. Evenly sprinkle the crisp topping mixture over the apple filling until you have nothing left. Be sure that you have the topping as evenly distributed as possible, but do not spread the toppings by hand or by tool. The topping is supposed to be clumped, and have the "natural" appearance that you get when you drop it onto the filling.
- Bake and serve. Place the now prepared apple crisp into the oven, and allow it to bake. The apple crisp will require about 45 minutes to bake in the oven you have preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Once that time has passed, remove the apple crisp from the oven and allow to cool for just a few minutes. Begin dishing up the crisp onto a plate, and add a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream for an even better treat!
One of the best selling candy bars on the market right now is, without a doubt, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. ...
Let's face it. Even when we're watching our weight and trying to eat healthy, there are times that we want a dessert. ...
Just because you decide to eat a low calorie diet doesn't mean you can't have desserts. Here are a few ways to spice up ...