If there is one classic combination that almost everyone knows about, then it is pork chops and apple sauce. However, it can get a tad boring to always be serving the same dish over and over. That's why you may just love this fantastic baked pork chops recipe that pays homage to the classic combination, but gives it a new twist.
- 8 pork chops (approximately 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large apples, cored and chunked
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped fine (removed from stem)
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cup hot water
- Heat it up. Set the temperature on your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and then turn it on. This will allow your oven to begin warming up while you are working on the rest of your main dish.
- Warm up the oil. Get a large skillet, preferably cast iron, and then heat up the oil. This should only take a little bit of time, and you can tell that the oil is ready when it has expanded the area that it covers. Do not let the oil burn.
- Saute and brown. When the oil has been heated up, place the onions into the skillet and then saute the onions until they are tender, which should only take about a minute. Remove the onions from the skillet, and set them aside. Place the pork chops into the skillet, and the brown them on both side.
- Get ready for baking. Place the browned pork chops into a 8 inch by 12 inch baking dish, and then sprinkle the salt and pepper over the pork chops. Flip the pork chops over and repeat the process.
- Mix the topping. Cover the pork chops with the apples and sauteed onions. Get a small mixing bowl, and combine the mustard, sage, cloves, rosemary, and water. Whisk everything together until it is well and thoroughly mixed together. Pour this mix over the pork chops, apples, and onions and get ready to put it into the oven.
- Cover and bake. Cover the baking dish, and then place it into the center of oven's top rack. Allow the pork chops to bake for 30 to 45 minutes (or until the pork chops and apples are tender) and then remove. Serve while hot, and enjoy!
Bacon is a great tasting, and long standing favorite, food item. What isn't all that well liked is the grease and spatter ...
There is little doubt that bison meat is a healthy alternative to eating beef. While eating bison, you benefit from ...
Are you looking for an alternative to steak, pork, or the other traditional meats? If so then you should try leg of lamb. ...