Bacon and Apple Sandwiches
The taste of apple and bacon together is a wonderful combination that truly needs to be experienced to be fully appreciated. Here is a simple recipe for making bacon and apple sandwiches that not only taste fantastic, but are also extremely easy to make. In fact, this sandwich can be enjoyed in less than 15 minutes. Here's what you need to do.
- 4 slices of artisan sourdough bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick (or you can use your favorite bread instead)
- 4 ounces of pepper jack cheese, sliced thin (or use your favorite cheese instead)
- 1/2 small apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 slices of thick Canadian bacon
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Make sandwiches. Place sliced cheese onto two of the pieces of bread, being sure to cover the entire piece of bread. On top of the cheese place the sliced apples, followed by the Canadian bacon. Cover the sandwich with another piece of bread, and set aside for a few minutes.
- Melt butter. Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat, and melt the butter. Once the butter has been fully melted add the sandwiches and begin grilling them.
- Grill sandwiches. Grill, or cook, the sandwiches one at a time in the medium sized skillet. After three or four minutes, flip the sandwich over to allow even cooking. You can also flip the sandwich over when the bread has reached a golden brown color and the cheese has begun to melt. After flipping over the sandwich, repeat the process. Periodically press the sandwich down using a spatula to help everything stick together.
- Serve. Remove the sandwich from the skillet and place on a plate. Cut the bacon and apple sandwich in half diagonally and pull it apart slightly for a better presentation, and serve.
All that you need to do now is to sit back and enjoy this fantastic twist on the classic grilled cheese sandwich. The recipe, as stated here, will make two sandwiches but is easily adjustable to be able to make more. In order to make more, all you really need to do is use a two more pieces of bread, cheese, and bacon, while using a slightly larger apple and a little more butter. For four servings, simply double all the ingredients.
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form above!)