For many people, tiramisu is the greatest of all Italian cakes. While this is something that is arguable, what isn't arguable is how impressive this dish can be.
- 2 teaspoons of instant coffee
- 8 ounces of mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of either half-and-half or heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups of thawed frozen whipped topping
- 12 ounces angel food cake, torn to 1 inch pieces
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate (chips, grated, or chopped)
- Make coffee. Since one of the main ingredients of tiramisu is coffee, you need to begin making your tiramisu by first making some particularly strong coffee. Blend the two teaspoons of instant coffee together with 1/2 cup of hot water in a small bowl. Be sure that you stir everything together until the coffee granules have all dissolved. Set aside the coffee mixture to allow it to cool.
- Blend cheese. In another medium bowl, begin to mixing the mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and the half-and-half or whipping cream. After you have blended all of these ingredients together until there is a smooth creamy consistency, begin to fold the whipped topping in to your cheese mixture. Once you have mixed everything together, set aside.
- Begin layering. Take a deep glass bowl and layer the bottom of it with one third of the different cake pieces. Once you have laid down this foundation, drizzle 2 tablespoons of your coffee onto it. After you have done that, spread about one third of your total cheese mixture onto the cake pieces. Once you have spread the topping onto the cakes, it is time to sprinkle a little bit of chocolate onto the topping. Repeat this step two more times until you have used up the remaining ingredients.
- Chill and serve. Place the completed bowl of tiramisu into the refrigerator, and allow it to chill between 2 and 4 hours prior to serving.
This recipe will serve a total of 10 people depending on the amount that you serve. You can serve the entire bowl at one time and allow each person to serve themselves, or you can serve up each of your guests with their own bowl.
Make a heart-shaped cake without a heart tin. Decorate hearts to fit all sorts of party themes.
Ice cream cakes are a wonderful treat, and a great combination of birthday classics. However, if you are going to buy ...
Cakes are one of the most traditional desserts around in the United States, and as such just about everyone has their own ...